India became independent on 15th August 1947. We have decided to make Your Celebration special as an Indian citizen with this Indian Flag Tricolour pasta recipe.
Here we have prepared three sauces Green Sauce by using green herbs, White sauce with help of milk and Red Sauce with touch of orange color. Enjoy tiranga pasta with our specialty of green pasta.
Green Sauce Pasta of Tri Color Pasta
Green Sauce Pasta
- 3 cup whole wheat Penne Pasta For all 3 types of pasta recipe (1cup Pasta For each recipe)
- 12 cups water for boiling Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
Green Sauce Ingredients
- 10-12 almonds
- 50 gm corriander leaves
- 25 gm basil leaves
- 1 big garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2-3 whole black pepper
- salt to taste
Cooking Penne Pasta
- Boil water in a big pan and add penne pasta and 1 tbsp salt. Here we are cooking pasta together for all three types Green, White and Red pasta recipe
- Once pasta are cooked add 2 tsp oil and 3 cups cold water. Then keep it for 5 minutes and then drain them.
Green sauce Procedure
- Take almonds in a pan and roast it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then take it in a mixture jar and grind them.
- Add cut garlic clove, washed corriander leaves and basil leaves in a jar.
- Add black pepper , pinch of salt to taste and olive oil. Grind them together and make a paste.
- Your green Pesto sauce is ready take it in a bowl. To maintain green color you can add few drops of lemon juice.
- Add 1/3 of pasta into a bowl in which we took green sauce and mix them well. You can garnish with parmesan cheese.
White Sauce Pasta of Tricolor Pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 cup 1 milk
- 1/2 tsp herbs (dry basils/chives/oregano)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Add flour into it and quickly stir well until flour evenly cooked..
- Now add 1 cup of milk and stir continuously that no lumps are formed.
- When mixture is thicken well switch off the stove and add pinch of salt, Herbs and black pepper.
- Now add cooked pasta out of remained 2 portions of pasta into white sauce and mix well. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Red Sauce Pasta of Tri Color Pasta
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 big tomatoes roasted, peeled and cut
- 1 big onion chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper (optiional) chopped
- 1 small carrot (optional) cut
- 2 garlic clove cut
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes and oregano
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add garlic once it's flavours go add onion and saute for few minutes.
- Now add carrot and bell pepper (here we take these veggies to get orange's red color specific for tricolor of Indian flag otherwise you can skip them.) saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Let it cool for few minutes and then add chilli flakes and oregano and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Blend them and make a paste. Your red Sauce is ready to add in remained Pasta.
- Mix well with Pasta and serve.
CHECK OUR OTHER SUCH RECIPES http://foodymania.com/index.php/2020/07/20/spinach-soup-recipe/