Arvi leaves are green in colour and mostly used in Indian dishes. Cooked Arvi has a slightly sweet flavour. You can use them in different meal items by using variety of cooking methods- will give you unique flavours and texture to your Arvi Dishes. Arvi are full of Vitamin A (good for eyes) and Vitamin C (immunity booster) We combined them with dal in this specific recipe so good source of protein too.
Colocassia leaves in Lentil
- 200 gm red gram split (toovar dal) pressure cooked (washed, drained and cooked in pressure cooker)
- 200 gm Arvi Leaves (colocassia leaves) finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 tbsp coconut fresh (grated)
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan fry the peanuts until light brown. Add chopped arvi leaves. Saute for few minutes until leaves are tender.
- Mesh the cooked dal and add it.
- Add turmeric and chili powder mix well.
- Add jaggery, grated coconut, garam masala and salt. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put tamarind paste, cook for 2 minutes and serve hot by garnishing with grated coconut/green chillies and coriander leaves.