Fresh Green Bengal Gram can be eaten without cooking or you can take sprouted dry green bengal gram for this specific recipe of chat. There is no cooking procedure done in this dish so some nutrients which can be destroyed during cooking, will be maintained. Chana contains lot of minerals, fibers, iron and protein which are really good for growing kids.Note: When you use raw foods always wash it properly and if they are legumes change soaked water 3-4 times so pulses would be toxin free.
Green Chana Chat
- 100 gm (1 Cup) fresh green gram
- 1 onion (medium) finely chopped
- 1 tomato (medium) finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp corriander and/or pudina leaves
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Take fresh green chana in a bowl. If you don,t get fresh chana then soak dry green chana for 7-8 hours or overnight and let them sprout by tying it in a cloth and keeping at warm place. you can use this sprouted chana too.
- Add finely chopped onion,tomato,chillies and corriander and mix well.
- Add salt and spices along with lemon juice. Mix well and serve.
- If you are good with dairy products you can add curd into it. This will give you variety in chat.