This is the best vegetable option with roti (bread) or rice as main course. Here we have taken Fenugreek leaves which gives good flavor to the lentils and many kids don’t like taste of fenugreek will have this delicious sabji happily. As different dal has been used in this dish you can say it is one meal pot too,
Lentils and Veggies Bowl
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1/4 cup masoor dal (split red grams)
- 1/4 cup toovar dal (split red gram)
- 1 cup Chana dal (split yellow gram)
- 2 cups fenugreek leaves Finely chopped
- 250 gm bringals cut in 2 pieces
- 4 potatoes (small) boiled
- 2 tomatoes (small)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chili paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dhana jeera powder (cumin coriander powder)
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and drain all the dal, Pressure cook all dal together and potato too in separate vessel.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add pinch of asafoetida and garlic and saute.Add onion into it saute it until it becomes little brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and fenugreek leaves. Cook them untill leaves are tender.
- Add bringles which are divided into 2 pieces. Cover the lid.
- once bringals are cooked well add boiled potatoes and cooked dal. Add turmeric powder , chili powder , dhana jeera powder and salt to taste.
- Cover it for 5 minutes and let it cook.
- Serve hot in a bowl Garnish with onion strips and chili.