Burfi is a kind of sweets from Indian subcontinent. We are making here ‘lauki Burfi’ out of bottle gourd. It cools out your body and bottle gourd juice is an excellent post work out drink. You can consume this sweet during fasting.
Bottle Gourd Burfi
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Bottle gourd big size (preferably with less seeds or soft seeds)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5-6 tbsp or as per taste sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut crushed
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1/4 cup dry fruits (Raisins, cashew nuts, almonds) finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Peel the bottle gourd and cut it in half. If there are hard seeds remove them and then grate it.
- Take this grated bottle gourd in a cotton cloth. close the cloth from all the sides and place it on the sieve, remove access water (as bottle gourd is full of water) from it.
- heat 2 tsp of ghee in a pan Saute grated bottle gourd for 2-3 minutes. Add milk and cook it for 5 minutes. Add coconut and half of the dry fruits into it and mix well.
- Once mixture is tender add sugar into it. As sugar leaves the water, bottle gourd and coconut will be cooked well.
- When all the water of sugar absorbed then add milk powder, mix well for a minute and switch off the stove.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes , add cardamom powder, mix it well and spread the mixture in a greased tray , press it gently so that can be set properly.
- Garnish with dry fruits and cardamom powder.