Sprouted beans are better source of protein. When they are combined with rice, it’s energy giving and added to that are veggies- It’s just super one meal pot for everyone.
Sprouted moong Rice
- 1 cup brown rice soaked for 3-4 hrs
- 1/2 cup Sprouted moong and moth beans (Mutki/dew beans)
- 2 tbsp black chickpeas (kala chana ) soaked for 5 hrs and boiled
- 1 onion medium size
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 2-3 spicy chillies
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 bay leaves
- 7-8 cloves
- 2-3 dry red chilly
- 2 cinnamon about 1 inch long
- 2-3 whole cardamom
- 6-7 whole black pepper
- 6-7 splited cashew nuts
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- heat 2 tsp of oil in a thick bottom pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves and saute till fragrance is there.
- Add cardamom, dry chilly. black pepper and cashew, saute for few seconds. Now add finely chopped onions fry them till little brown in color.
- Add finely chopped carrot, chillies and grated ginger.
- Now add sprouted beans and mix well.
- Remove access water from soaked rice and add it to the pan, Add salt and garam masala pwder. Mix all the ingredients well and add 4 cups of water.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir well in between.
- After 10 minutes add boiled chana into rice and cook it for 10 minutes or until the rice finely cooked.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander leaves and/or sprout beans with plain curd or raita (mixture of curd and veggies of your choice) I made cucumber, tomato, onion combined with curd and little salt chilly powder and pinch of split mustard seeds