We can use other grains like rice , oats etc, along with wheat and barley. You can have it as salad or as it has fruits and dry fruits along with grains in it , that will give you satiety if you have it double of the quantity than your consumption of salad. You can say it can be your one meal pot.
Mixed grain Salad with Peanut butter Dressing
- 1/2 cup cracked wheat soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup barley cracked, toasted and soaked for 2 hours [If you don't get ready cracked barley you can grind it roughly in grinder and roast it in little oil so it would be easily cooked.]
- 2 bananas sliced
- 4 dried figs finely sliced
- 1 green chili diced
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter dressing
Peanut Butter Dressing :
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey and/or lemon juice
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of mustard seed powder optional
Mix well all the ingredients. You can add mustard seed powder as per your taste too.
- Take large thick bottom pan boil water and add soaked and drained wheat and barley.Cook it for 25-30 minutes or until tender.Drain it. (If u cook it in pressure cooker will take about 10-15 minutes.
- When cold,mix the grains with the fruit,nuts and chill
- Stir the dressing into the salad, and serve.