This dish can be taken as main course accompanied by steamed or jeera rice. as potatoes and beans are main ingredients even small portion can make you full.
Green Potato Beans with Gravy
- 400 gm potatoes small
- 250 gm carrot thick sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 400 gm tomato pureed (Boil tomatoes into water for 4-5 minutes remove them from water let it cool and you can easily remove the skin then grind them. Puree is ready)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 75 gm red beans/pinto beans boiled
- 1 onion (optional)
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp red chili sauce
- 1 tsp Oil/butter
For green paste [Grind all the ingredients together to prepare paste.]
- 100 gm coriander leaves
- 50 gm green chili
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves (optional)
- Wash and peel potato and carrot.
- Make 3-4 holes in whole potatoes at some distances as per size of your potatoes. [Preferable size is smallest one. Make thick slices of carrot.
- Boil them in pressure cooker by adding 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and little salt.
- Heat the butter/oil in a pan. Add boiled potato and carrot fry for 2 minutes. Add green paste and salt to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In one pan heat 2 tsp oil. Put 1/2 tsp whole jeera (cumin seeds) into it , once it crackles add tomato puree and ginger paste into it. Once they are cooked add boiled red beans paste and salt to taste. Cook it well
- Add tomato ketchup and red chili sauce Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Take broad serving bowl Put green potatoes – carrot in the center and cover it with all sides with tomato red beans red gravy. Garnish with coriander leaves.